Samir Ali, Material Manager - Middle East Paper Company, Duabi
The exercises executed during the event were simply good!
World class negotiation guru Jim Thomas returns to Asia and Middle East region for the 7th annual Negotiate to Win Masterclass.
Facilitated by: Richard Parker
Voted No. 1 Provider of Executive Education by the Financial Times for four consecutive years (2008-2011)
Often the case - top management comes from different backgrounds typically not from finance, bringing with them lots of expertise (Marketing, Ops, Strategy) and often fail to understand how the impact of their decision has affect on the financial outcome of the overall business.
The aim of this event is to enhance decision makers’ ability to make critical strategic decisions that have a great effect over time, based on financial awareness and interpretation of the present financial situation.
Richard Parker is an educator and consultant who specialises in corporate financial management.
His skill and reputation as a finance presenter has resulted in him being highly sought after in the corporate education sphere.
**This seminar is specifically designed for managers who may or may not have an accounting or finance background who see their future management role as requiring greater understanding of financial concepts to assist them in making sound management decisions.
The Financial Story
Brief introduction about the programme
Session 1 : The Cost of Capital (WACC)
• Estimating cost of debt
• Credit ratings
• Estimating cost of equity
• Beta value
• Estimating WACC
• Capital Asset Pricing Model
Session 2 : Discounted Cash Flow
• Net Present Value (NPV)
• Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
• Using Net Present Value to evaluate a project
• Excel tips and shortcuts
• Sensitivity testing
• Considering risk in project evaluation
Session 3 : Creating Economic Value
• Accounting value, market value and economic value
• Why is value different than profit?
• How you can create economic value
• Measuring value created
• Economic Value Added (EVA)
Session 4 : Free Cash Flow
• Profit and cash flow
• How you can be profitable and broke
• Estimating free cash flow
• Using free cash flow to value a business
Session 1: Managing Working Capital
• Working capital measures and metrics
• Estimating receivables turnover time, payables turnover time and inventory turnover time
• Working capital cycle time
• How to optimise working capital
• How working capital effects profitability
Session 2 : Managing Debt
• Types of debt available to businesses
• Gearing and leverage measures
• Coverage ratios
• How credit ratings are determined and how they affect the cost of borrowing
• What is the right level of debt for a business?
Session 3 : Managing the Financial Future
• Sustainable growth rate
• Viewing the financial future of a business
• How predictive models work
• The drivers of financial failure
• Using a predictive model
Session 4: Managing the Connection Between Finance and Strategy
• Profit margin strategies
• Asset efficiency strategies
• Value creating strategies
• Growth strategies
• Managing Directors / CEO
• Business Owners / Executive Directors
• General Managers
• Finance Managers
• Operational Managers
• Marketing Managers
• HR Managers
• IT Managers
• Sales Managers
• Technical Managers / Project Managers
|AXA Asia Pacific Ltd||Julphar Pharmaceuticals (UAE)|
|Alcatel Lucent Ltd||Mubadala Sovereign Investment Fund (UAE)|
|Berkshire Hathaway Ltd (US)||Oman Gas Co (Oman)|
|British Petroleum (Australia)||Rabobank Ltd|
|British American Tobacco Ltd||PriceWaterhouseCoopers|
|Cisco Systems (US)||Sipchem (Saudi Arabia)|
|Clemenger BDO||Singapore Power International Ltd (Singapore)|
|Fairfax Media Ltd||Tabcorp Ltd|
|Fonterra (NZ)||Tattersalls Ltd|
|Genesis Energy (NZ)||Transurban Ltd|
|Gulf Airways Ltd (Bahrain)||Woolworths Ltd|
*******For more details, kindly download the brochure*******
Save up to 50% from in-house courses!